Friday 21 October 2011

Post-Production of 'Preliminary Task'

After the filming was done, it was time to move on to the editing process.We each did our own version using the same footage. This was my first time using Adobe Premiere Pro, and was all quite alien, so it took me a while to become familiar with the tools. This process took about 3 weeks to complete everything. In my opinion, it is quite obvious that it is my first media piece, due to the transitions sometimes not being as smooth as anticipated. I was in quite a rush finding music, and had left that last minute, next time i know to leave myself a bit more time if the music is going to play a vital part in the overall impression given.


Finding the suitable Brightness and Contrast was at times difficult, as the plot is based on a mysterious start, followed by a humerous and cheesy second half. I particularly like our shot of the cake, and the effect the candles have in contrast to the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment